If you feel like you could use a quick pick-me up, we've come up with the perfect snack to not only increase your energy but also reduce stress and nervousness while boosting mood. The ingredients chosen have been carefully selected, targeting mental health.
Studies show nutritional deficiencies can lead to symptoms of depression, anxiety and other mental health issues. For this reason, proper nutrition is key when it comes to caring for our mental health. The following nutrient-dense recipe is just what you need to be storing in the fridge for when those afternoon cravings pop-up!
The ingredients are high in tryptophan, magnesium, omega-3's, B vitamins, and Vitamin C, all of which have been found to have a positive effect on mental wellness.
Try our Mood-Boosting Raw Cacao Balls recipe below:
What you'll need:
1/2 cup cashews
1/2 cup raw almonds
1 cup pitted dates
4 Tbsp raw cacao powder
2.5 Tbsp almond butter
2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1/3 cup shredded coconut
1 Tbsp Maple Sugar or Honey
1 Tbsp filtered water
1. Place Cashews and Almonds in food processor and pulse until crumbled.
2. Add dates, filtered water, and coconut oil to food processor and blend together.
3. Add rest of ingredients (cacao powder, almond butter, shredded coconut, and maple syrup).
4. When mixture is ready, use hands to create small balls.
5. Place them on a baking sheet.
6. Freeze for 1 hour.
7. Store in the fridge, inside an air-tight container.